Posted by: H van Zyl | 2011-12-20

I have been suffering from lower back pain that goes down into my legs. Been so bad that I have to sit and cook on a chiar! Wake up in the morning with pins and needles in my feet. Often have parts of my skin ( leg, arm, face) go num. My toes in my right leg goes num. Went for an MRI - Doc found nothing and told me I have degenerative arhiritis??? Could this be possible??
I am 38, weigh 50kg ! Do I waste my money to go for an 2nd oppion?

I do suggest that you consult a neurologist for a second opinion. It does sound like if you are suffering from sciatica, where there is irritation of the sciatic nerve, causing your symptoms. The irritation could be at the nerve root, where there is abnormal pressure on the nerves by the vertebral column.