Question
Posted by: blossom | 2009/11/02

DIAGNOSIS

After much pain in my hips and lower back I had an xray today and was told that I have abnormal hairline fractures in my lower spine and indications of osteoporosis. I will be put on some powerful meds apparently. WIll this help halt the spread of it or mend bones?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Blossom
You need to see a specialist in osteoporosis as they need to do some blood tests and urine test as well.
Regarding the medication- depending on why you have osteoporosis the appropriate medication can definitely stop the osteoporosis and prevent fractures. you can also phone me at the national Osteoporosis Foundation if you need to discuss any more questions. tel 021 9317894

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2009/11/19

Dear Blossom

Reply to Healthy Bones