Question
Posted by: Angie | 2011/09/15

Diagnosing Bipolar

My friend’  s mom has just been diagnosed with Bipolar. I suspect he (23 years old) is also bipolar but with limited funds I am not sure which route is open for him to seek assistance. Does any one have advice please

He could seek help from the department of psychiary a his nearest medical school, or from any good major state hospital or clinic. The risk of developing Bipolar Disorder is indeed somewhat higher if ones parent(s) have it, but its not inevitable that the children would devleop it, and there are often other potential explanations for any symptoms he might recognize.

1