Question
Posted by: Jeni | 2009/03/26

DIABETIC PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY

Is there anything in the world that can help my husband? His feet are so bad that he cannot sleep and can hardly walk anymore. His feet burn and pain constantly. His sugar levels remain at about 9 and he is type II.
Any suggestions will be most appreciated, as I' m scared he is becoming depressed due to this condition.

Dear Jeni
There are various medications that can work for this - see http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm
"what treatments are available"
It often has to be managed by a neurologist, so ask your GP to refer him to one?