Question
Posted by: PAT | 2008/11/25

Diabetic?

Good day,

I am 63 yrs old with an average weight of 82kgs. My 3 month average sugar reading is 6.3. After a meal, my sugar level approximately after 2 hours is between 8 &  9. The following morning, it drops to around 5. My cholesterol level has consistently been around 4.1. My blood pressure has consistently been at 120/80. I do not smoke nor consume alcohol and have had 2 heart bypass operations  the last being in the year 2000. Based on the above, is there any risk of diabetes?

Dear Pat
A fasting blood sugar under 6 means that you do not have diabetes. If you don't have a family history of diabetes your risk is low to develop diabetes