Posted by: Dennie | 2008-11-19

Am a 50 year old woman who is a non-insulin diabetic.
Taking Diamicron and Rol Metformin. Need to find out if the following symptoms are diabetic-related. Recently have been receiving pain in my right upper leg and a feeling of water trickling down the leg but of course it is just the feeling.
Also cannot walk for long distances then experience pain in the legs. Is this a common diabetic problem and what can I do to relieve it. Also have an office job and do not get much exercise.

Hi Dennie
These symptoms are more likely to be a narrowing of the arteries to the legs - please see your doctor as they should do some tests (e.g. sonar) to determine where the problem lies?
Diabetic neuropathy usually causes needles and pins, pain or a dead feeling in your legs.

Posted by: Diabetes 2 | 2008-11-19

I also taking Diamicron and Metformin, simvastatin, puricos and mavik.
I also experience pain in legs after walking, with no feeling on my skin.
I think it is the SIMVASTATIN that make my muscles sore?
See the GP on Friday.

Reply to Diabetes 2