Posted by: Lin | 2011-05-10

Diabetes or something else

3 years ago I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic. I suffer from Pcos. Since January 2011 I''ve lost nearly 15kg''s on a low g.i. diet. Now all of a sudden I wake up nauseas. During the day I will start feeling horrible, vomit, terrible headaches, trembling, blurry vision and I feel dizzy. This happens even after a meal. I eat 6 small meals a day but now I''m battling to eat or keep the food in.
What can this be?

The two conditions that you are suffering from, are related. PCOS normally causes a person to become pre-diabetic. You should consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests, to exclude any hormonal and thyroid abnormalities. It is also important to determine the status of your pre-diabetic condition, as it is possible that you are now diabetic and no longer pre-diabetic and this will need additional treatment.