Posted by: Fred | 2010-03-11

Diabetes and training

i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about a year and a half ago but the funny thing is that this was during a period when I was at my healthiest i use to go to gym no less than 4 times a week and I wtched what I ate. I then discovered in gym that I had excessive thirst and decide to consult a doctor where i got a reading of 18.4.

I since stopped going to gym. my question to you is will i be able to take part in heavy weight lifting again as I would like to return to gym. Please advise me on the do''s and don''ts as to weight lifting and bodybuilding for diabetics.( i just turned 41 a week ago)

I would really appreciate your response

Posted by: Hanlie | 2010-04-10

Hi, my son was diagnosed with diabetes at 7, his 10 now, weight is 34kg, very active, Type 1 diabetic. Can I use diabcinn?
Thanks so much

Reply to Hanlie
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-15

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2010-03-11

Hi Fred
If you are eating right and using medication, you can go to gym and exercise normally. It may be necessary to eat something just before you gym to prevent low blood sugar when you exercise.

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: Fred | 2010-03-11

Thanks so much John. You don''t know how much it means to me.Also I have been using diabcinn for two months now. Thanks again

Reply to Fred
Posted by: John | 2010-03-11

You can go back to the gim. Carry on with the exercize. I am also diabetes 2 and I am not feeling sick. Try " diabecinn extra" , it lowers my sugar level. see their webpage for details.
www diabecinn co za
Good luck my friend

Reply to John