Question
Posted by: R | 2010/12/15

Diabetes and cholestrol

I have diabetes type 1 for 16 years now and regular tests are done to ensure all is well.recently my cholestrol has increased to an extent where i will have to use medication to reduce the levels.i follow a strict diet, excersise regularly and my sugar is well controlled.please advise what is the reason for my cholestrol levels to have risen for i have never had this before, and can it be the effects of my diabetes and what can i do to reduce it.

Hallo R
High cholesterol is often a hereditary problem, and it probably has no link with your diabetes. However people with diabetes are more prone to high cholesterol, gout, and heart disease. If you eat a healthy diet and your cholesterol is still high, taking cholesterol lowering medication is the next step.

2
Posted by: steve | 2010/12/21

I am on zocor 10mg. My chol. level is 3.8 The Cardiologist put me on 40mg aspavor. Is ik okay or should i take 20mg aspavor:

Reply to steve
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/15

Hallo R