Question
Posted by: Riaz | 2010/04/13

Diabetes and Children

I am a male diabetic for the the last 16 years and with no complications from the diabetes. I am physically of good health and my diabetes is well maintained, by following a strict diet and regular exercise.I am now 33 years old and would like to know if i could have children and if there could be any complications that could affect the child that could be transfered from me.

Hallo Riaz
There is no reason why you can not have children if you are healthy and your diabetes well controlled. Children of diabetic parents have a higher risk of developing juvenile (Insulin dependent)diabetes.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/13

Hallo Riaz

Reply to cyberdoc