Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2012/04/12

Diabetes &  falling pregnant

Hi, im diangosed as a diabetic for the last 4 mths i have been taking 4 Metformin 500mg tablets a day, whilst at the same time trying to fall pregnant. i left the pill completely for the last 6 mths and there are no signs of me falling pregnant. is there any relationship between these tablets &  trying to fall pregnant, would it hinder my chance of trying to concieve, or could there be another underlying medical condition.

Diabetes is associated with PCOS which can result in problems with conceiving. The metformin will not hamper conception. If anything it will help. 6 months is a relatively short time still. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive.

2
Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012/04/17

Hi there,

I just want to inform you that we have a support group under the Infertility forum, if you want to join us. We are all in the same boat... trying to conceive :)

Reply to Bee Sting