Posted by: Ekke | 2009-02-23

Diabetes &  detox

Can a diabetic detox ???

Dear Ekke
As a diabetic there is NO WAY you can go on any harsh detoxification diet or treatment without endangering your health severely. Detox diets are not necessary. If you stick to your low-fat, low-GI diet and do regular exercise (as permitted by your dr) then your body will cleanse itself. I trust that you are also under the care of a clinical dietitian? if not then it is essential that you have an individual diabetic diet prescription worked out for you and your specific needs (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and search for the article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?" which I wrote to warm Readers against these practices.

Posted by: fay | 2009-03-11

I have been diagnoses with insulin resistance, have a problem with weightloss

Reply to fay