Question
Posted by: mariam | 2012/07/20

diabetes

Dear Dr
I''m a diabetic (insulin user), I have this constant burning sensation on the top of my foot and quite a bit discomfort in my leg, would this be related to the diabetes. Do you think I need to see a Dr. I would appreciate a reply, kind regards Mariam

Dear Mariam
If you are a type 1 diabetic using insulin, then it is essential that you consult your medical doctor if you have any symptoms such as the burning sensation in your foot and the discomfort in your leg. Patients with diabetes can develop so-called neuropathy or poor circulation in various parts of the body, esp the legs and feet. Please see your medical dr ASAP who will be able to prescribe treatment for this kind of condition.

3
Posted by: Gerald Samuels | 2012/07/23

I am a diabetic and have a problem with my feet i can hardly walk as it very tender on the soles of my feet please help.

Reply to Gerald Samuels
Posted by: candice | 2012/07/23

I am a type 1 diabetic (insulin dependent) and overweight. I want to loose weight but am hungry all the time. Are there any products I can use to help with weight loss which will not be a danger to my condition.

Reply to candice

Dear Mariam