Question
Posted by: Pam | 2012/02/15

Diabetes

Hi Doc,
I have type 2 Diabetes, on Insulin, Metformin, Degranol and Neurobion. Sometimes I feel very tired and a burning sensation under my toes even when my sugar level is okay. What could be the problem.

Pam

Diabetes affects the small vessels, as well as the peripheral nerves in the extremities. This is the reason for the burning sensation under your toes. Consult your doctor to establish if your diabetes is well controlled by doing a blood tests, called HB1aC. Your doctor can assist you with treating the peripheral neuropathic symptoms.