Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2010/09/13

DIABETES

I have a long list of food allergies that started about 4 years ago
I have been diagnosed with diabetes 7 months ago and
I had deep vericose trombosis 2 months ago and now I have double vision
I have read that the certain foods have an effect on the warfiron
I am not sure what to eat because the foods good for the diabetic gives me an allergic reactionAny advise ?
I really battle to controle my diabetes.
I have been to a dietican but she couldn''t really help because of all my allergies . Any advise

Dear Jackie
I feel for you because not only do you say you have a whole host of food allergies, but now you also have diabetes and deep vein thrombosis. This is really an impossible situation. I don't know where you live, but if you live in Gauteng then it may help to consult a dietitian with the name of Hilda Lategan because she has written recipe books on both diabetes and food allergies. So she may be able to advise which foods you can use to help control your diabetes, without making the allergies flare up. Foods that interfere with the workings of warfarin are those that contain high levels of vitamin K (green leafy vegetables, like broccoli, cabbage, spinach and dark green lettuce leaves, and beef, pork and soybean oil).
To contact Hilda Lategan, phone(012) 546-6410) or send her an e-mail at: mwhildal@mweb.co.za.
I do hope you will be able to get all these conflicting nutritional problems under control.

1

Dear Jackie