Question
Posted by: John | 2010/04/14

Diabetes

I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic three years ago. I recently started a new exercise regime and completely changed my diet to that of low GI, lots of omega 3 etc. I have lost about 11 kgs in three months (currently at 98 kgs) and recently had a blood test which showed my sugar levels to be within a completely ''normal'' range. It is really possible to reverse this condition in three months with a good exercise/weight loss/diet programme?

Hallo John
Yes you can reduce insulin resistance substantially with dramatic weight loss. However, I still think you should monitor your fasting blood sugar and fasting insulin every 3 months as one can't "feel" sugar going up and high blood sugar causes damage to the delicate arteries in the eyes, kidneys and brain. Please continue with your healthy diet and exercise regime.

2
Posted by: Postman Pat | 2010/04/15

yes with exercise and the right diet you can change the type 2 diabetes around, i battled for long with this but since started exercising it changed also within 3months, but what the doc have said monitor yourself.

Reply to Postman Pat
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/14

Hallo John

Reply to cyberdoc