Question
Posted by: Annemare | 2010/03/23

diabetes

Interpretation of husband''s glucose levels? E.G. 5.7 early morning and 11.2 by 5pm. Medication: Metformin

Dear Annemare
I trust that you husband is under the care of a clinical dietitian? if not, please consult a dietitian immediately. As I just mentioned to another Readers called 'Andries', it is essential that anyone with diabetes should have an individual diet prescription worked out by a dietitian. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. If possible your hubby should discuss the use of exercise to lower his blood glucose and insulin levels. If the dr gives permission, your hubby should do at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise a day such as brisk walking as this improves blood glucose and insulin control. But he should only exercise if the dr gives permission.

2
Posted by: John | 2010/03/24

Early morning sugar / glocose level very good.
It can go to 11. 2 hours after a meal it should be lower again.
I use " Diabecinn extra"  to help lower sugar levels.
w w w diabecinn co za

Reply to John

Dear Annemare