Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2009/04/20

Diabetes

Hi, I have been getting terrible headaches whenever I eat anything with sugar in, even sugar in my coffee will trigger this, could this be a sign of the onset of diabetes. I do feel a bit thirsty but I think its only because I don' t drink enough water and dont have any of the other symptoms

Dear Tanya
The only way in which you can determine if you are diabetic or suffer from insulin resistance is to consult your medical dr who will send you for the relevant tests such as a glucose tolerance test. Your reaction to sugar could also indicate migraines or even allergies, so you need to sort out which condition is causing the problem.