Question
Posted by: michelle | 2009/12/09

Diabetes 2 = Pregnancy

Good Morning,

Could you please assist me, my friend is pregnant 10 weeks, and she has diabetes 2, she is on lantus,nova rapid,and hipoterm for blood pressure, what supplements can she take to help her baby? What can she do to eat healthier to help her pregnancy? What can you suggest to help? She was pregnant previously but had a miscarage on 2 months, it took her about 3 years to fall pregrant again, and she' s really worried that this might happen again!!

Thanks for taking the time to assist in this regard!!

Kind Regards

The most imprtant thing for your friend is very strict sugar control. This can be achievd with diet and careful insulin administration. As insulin requirements are different in pregnancy, this should be done under the guidance of a physician.

1