Posted by: Sherry | 2011-08-29

Deworming for pregnant women

Hi Ladies

We got a little sausage dog yesterday, and I''''m taking her to the vet this afternoon, shame this poor little thing does not look well. I think she might have worms.

I''''ve heard that if your dog has worms you should de-worm all other animals and your family just in case.

What is safe for me to take, being pregnant I fear would be disasterous for the baby?

With severe worm infestasions, there has been a report of anemia at birth of the mother and low birth weight of the baby. Therefore, I suggest that you consult your gynaecologist, in order to have a stool analysis done, to determine if it is necessary to deworm yourself. Unfortunately, there is no adequate information on the safety of using deworming medication during pregnancy.