Question
Posted by: Nicola | 2010-02-25

Deworming dogs

Hi, I would just like to know how often I should deworm my dogs? I use Milbemax - Thanks

Every 3 months

2
Posted by: George | 2010-03-04

Agree with Cybervet - every 3 months - if you suspect worms, take some faeces to the vet before deworming and let them confirm what species. If hookworm is positive, you may need to deworm3 times at 18 day intervals. I Have 4 dogs - use correct dose - and I use Milbemax once a year and Drontal 3 times a year - as my Vet showed me info and results of the 2 products in controlling worms - he said to use the best from results, but to swop once a year.

Reply to George
Posted by: Chill | 2010-02-26

Every six months, under normal circumstances.

If your dogs have fleas, perhaps more often - fleas transmit tapeworm.

Reply to Chill