Question
Posted by: Worried | 2010/08/05

Dewormer

Hi, there
I had my 8 week old male cat dewormed a week ago and he started developing diarreah about 3 days ago.

Can this be expected after deworming? He''s only eating Purina Friskies kitten pallets and drink water.

Many thanks

Hi Worried

Yes, diarrhoea can arise post deworming. Hopefully this will wain with time. As long as the kitten is bright, alert, eating, drinking and interacting then I do not suspect there to be a problem. You maybe able to purchase a probiotic paste from your local veterinary practice that will improve the consistency of the stool.

As a rule of thumb, I generally deworm every 2 weeks up to 3 mths of age and then deworm every 3-4 mths thereafter.

I hope this helps

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/08/05

Hi Worried

I hope this helps

Reply to Cybervet