Question
Posted by: sue | 2010/05/25

dewormer

Can you please assist me on this, my dogs(3) needs to be dewormed. The dogs are 10 months, 1yr and 2 yrs old, and they're all large breeds.

I would like to know what your thoughts are on the Bob Mmartin 3-in-1 dewormer - would you actually recommend this or is it better to get deworming tablets from the vet?

Hi Sue

In my opinion Bob Martins do not appear to be as effective compared to the dewormers that are available through veterinary practices/vet shops. At our practice we dispense Milbemax and find this product to be an excellent anthelminthic.

3
Posted by: jean | 2010/05/28

Personally had hookworm problem in 2 dogs - Milbemax did not do it - reduced egg counts - but even after 3 treatments by the Vet with correct dose - still positive 2 weeks after 3rd treatment.

Reply to jean
Posted by: tania | 2010/05/26

Dogs ideally should be dewormed 4 times a year, and daily remove all faeces from the property. I personally have a program with my Vet - you need to discuss cost:benfit with you Vet - use the best dewormer you can afford, and get the vet to also do faecal samples - costs you a little, but also then if your property is " clean" , you may need to treat less, therefore save - in short - use the BEST drug first.

Reply to tania
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/05/26

Hi Sue

Reply to CyberVet