Question
Posted by: michelle | 2011/08/08

Deworm

When can I start deworming my little one of 16 months, and how often should this be done.

Went to the chemist and they told me, if I dont see a worm, I dont need to deworm her as the medicine is not good for their brains.??? Is that true and if not when can I deworm my little one. We recently bought a puppy, and the owners did not deworm the pup and now I am scared that my little one will suffer from worms. Please advice.

Concerned Mother.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Michelle

I say deworming would be a good idea, especially since you've gotten the pup.

However, children younger than 2 years of age should not be given OTC deworming medicines without having a chat with your doctor first (Although Vermox is commonly used in children over the age of 1year it best to consult your doctor first).

Also remember that children’s clothing and bed linen should be washed in hot water to kills any eggs.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/08/10

Hi Michelle

Reply to pharmacist