Question
Posted by: Thabang | 2010-12-08

Dewani murder case

How much would Mr. Dewani cash out from her death?
When was she insured?

Excellent question, and surely one the police will have looked into, presumably with assistance from the British police. In any death not from natural causes or where there are any grounds for being suspicious, that is a question that must be asked -, who might benefit from this death ? Does anyone stand to inherit cash, property, etc., from this person ? And were they insured, if so with what benefits to who - and with what exclusions ? Urually, insurance companies themselves, where there have been recent large policies taken out for the life of a person who suddenly dies, may delay paying out until everything has been fully investigated

2
Posted by: anon | 2010-12-19

There was no insurance taken out on Anni''s Life but what is Shrien took out a policy in another country? This case has been so widely covered by media all over the world, doubt he would try and cash in a policy even if there was one. However am sure they both had travel insurance and part of the travel insurance is life cover.

It wouldn''t surprise me at all if this poor Shrien is totally innocent and that this was a botched hijacking/robbery gone wrong, hence the way Anni was shot - they tried to rape her, she fought back and the bullet went through her hand and hit the back of her neck. Not an execution type of murder if it was a hit. Then the amount the driver claims he was paid. It is much too low.... that seems more like the figure Shrien agreed to pay him for being their driver while they stayed in CT. There is nothing unusual about cashing money through the black market - people do that all over the world as they get a higher exchange rate.

If Shrien is guilty and he did pay the driver - I bet it was a lot more than the driver is saying. The driver would have had to hand the moeny over to the police and by keeping a low amount - his family get to benefit from his ill gotten gains.

When he collected the Dewanis from the airport he could see Annie was wearing loads of jewellery. She never even knew where she was going, hence she wasn''t prepared for coming to SA as was reported by another UK visitor who stayed at the same game lodge.

There are too many things that just don''t gel. I bet the police wanted to nail this murder on someone else and by doing so SA wouldn''t seem like such a bad place but we all know the high crime rate, corruption and " lost"  dockets, the legal process is in a shambles and quite frankly most of the police are crooked and bent! One can''t trust them one bit.

Sad tragic case.

I feel extremely sorry for Anni''s family and if Shrien is not guilty, I feel sorry for him too because with all these accusations and rumours must be secondary trauma for him. The first shock and trauma of him losing his new bride so violently on his honeymoon. It is a well known fact that police can''t get a proper statement from someone suffering such trauma... they take a very short statement but will only take a proper statement days later when the victim has managed to process the trauma a bit. Trauma counselling is also not effective straight after the event as the victim is too shocked to benefit at all.

Trauma counselling happens later after the event.

At this time of the year when families are supposed to be together, here we have this tragedy that has affected many families.

As for the South AFrican thugs who were involved in the attack, well I don''t feel for them at all. Let them rot in jail. They should all get the death penalty or life and never get out so they can never repeat this dastardly deed. The one apparently was out on bail and Shrien should sue the POLICE and SA Government for allowing these thugs to be released on bail to continue with their crime spree.

I think the driver and the other dude working for the hotel acted together as they networked and tipping off each other when they saw possible " victims"  they could arrange " attacks"  and benefit and share proceeds... in this case Anni was well dresssed and wore lots of expensive jewellery, etc.

A cousin of ours was shot and killed in a botched hijacking and they never got away with anything.... it was totally senseless!

I don''t feel a thing for these criminals at all!

Reply to anon