Posted by: Suzy | 2009-01-30

Last year Oct, I had a Septoplasty op amongst other things like Bilateral Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Reduction of Turbinates, etc. It has been 3 months since the op and I still cannot breath properly through my left nostril. I sound very nasal when I talk and this is very annoying. Also, when I sniff, I get a terrible pain in my teeth. I assume this is to do with a nerve that was somehow affected by the op. I am not sure what to do now. I havent contacted the doctor yet but will definitely not go back to him. I will however, let him know how unhappy I am and would definitely not have had this op if I was aware of all the post-op problems. Is this just happening to me or is it common after this kind of surgery to have these ailments? Also, is it just that I need to give it more time to heal? Cant go on like this. Please help.

Dear Suzy

Thank you for visiting

It is a common occurence after this procedure and unfortunately, it does take time. You are however, welcome to get a second opinion from an ENT specialist.