Question
Posted by: Lost Interest | 2012/03/23

Devastated

Hi Sexiologist. I am 30 years and gay. I was in a relationship for five years. We broke up last year due to some differences. I use to enjoy sex. I will even fantasize about it. I thought that was normal for a 30 year old brother. I exercise and eat healthy. Very well emotionally and of cos over my x, but I have lost interest in sex. I do get erections, even during the day and at time I will sleep with one and wake up still hard. I dont practice mustarbation, for no particular reason. The problem is I dont feel like being with anybody. I long for a relationship more than sex and most of the time I meet people who want sex and I lose interest. I am bit worried could it be I have become more obsessed with a companion thing and I have quenched my sexual urges. What if I manage to meet someone I love and the problem continues. I am kind devasted. Kindly share some light.

It often is not uncommon that one tens to seek companionship rather than sex after a relationship ends. Furthermore it is also not uncommon to not be that interested in sex when you are single. If you feel you need to work through some of the emotional issues that stems from your previous relationship it might be worth it to explore it with the professional assistance of a psychologist that specifically deal with sexual and emotional concerns. Masturbation is furthermore a natural release of sexual desires and bodily needs.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

2
Posted by: Lost Interest | 2012/03/26

Thanks Sexiologist. Much pleasure

Reply to Lost Interest
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/03/24

Reply to Sexologist