Question
Posted by: Debby | 2011/08/31

DETOXING

HI there,
I have doing an awesome Lifestyle Weigh Control program through my local chemist, and have had great results so far. Im eating very healthy and exercising 5 days a week. I consider myself now fairly " detoxed"  after 7 weeks of my healthier lifestyle.
a freind of mine suggested I try an epsom salt bath as it had so many benefits - especially detoxing for weighloss... So i did last night, using only 1 cup of epsom salts and lay in the water for about 20minutes. Today I am feeling terrible! Ihave a very bad headache, Im feeling weak and exhausted. Is it possible that there could still be so many toxins in my system that are making me feel so horrid?

Dear Debby
I don't think it is the so-called 'toxins' that are making you feel weak and exhausted. I really don't know where this strange idea of toxins originated. Toxins are chemical compounds that are produced by harmful microorganisms (pathogens), animals (snake venom), fish (puffer fish), etc. How and why this word has been linked to slimming and dieting, I have no idea. Soaking in a bath of epsom salts, may soften the skin, but it won't draw fat out of your body. If you are eating a diet that is very low in energy and/or carbohydrates, then I reckon this is what is making you feel so exhausted. On the other hand, you may be developing flu which could also account for the symptoms? If you don't have flu and continue to feel so weak and exhausted, then please consider changing your diet to a balanced, low-fat, high-fibre diet, or consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help you with a well balanced slimming diet.
Take care

1

Dear Debby
Take care