Question
Posted by: Nina | 2008/07/15

Detoxing?

Hi there. I've very recently started a healthy eating programme - having oatmeal for breakfast, a fruit snack in btween, wholewheat sandwhich for lunch and grills for dinner. I include at least two litres of water every day. I can see small differences like not waking up with a headache anymore. But I'm also suddenly experiencing skin problems. I've never had pimples before except the odd one now and then, but suddenly I have these ugly white and blackheads popping out all over my forehead, cheeks and chin! Please advise if this is just my body detoxing or something to worry about? I'm 32, and think I'm past the acne age.

Dear Nina
I am glad to hear that you are eating healthy foods. The fact that you have developed skin problems, that may be acne, is probably not related to your new health regimen, but to hormonal changes. Acne does not just occur during adolescence and I would urge you to consult a Dermatologist for the correct treatment.