Question
Posted by: Zach | 2008/06/26

Detoxing

Hi there!

I have decided to live a healthier life and started to change my diet, excercise frequently etc.

I have also started drinking green tea and hot water with lemon juice twice daily.

What are the benefits of the green tea and lemon water? Are there any negative affects?

Thanks a lot!

Dear Zach
I am glad to hear that you have decided to lead a healthier life and have changed your diet and activity levels. Green tea is rich in antioxidants that protect the body against so-called 'free radicals' that can damage body cells and over time cause the degenerative diseases (cancer, heart disease, etc). There is also some evidence that green tea may assist with weight loss, but the research is still in the early stages so we can't say for sure. Drinking lemon water will provide you with some vit C, but otherwise does not really do much for your health. Just make sure that you rinse your mouth or brush your teeth after drinking lemon water as the acid in the lemon juice can erode your tooth enamel.
Keep up the good work

1
Posted by: Zach | 2008/07/01

Thanks Doc!

Reply to Zach