Posted by: MS | 2008-11-25

Detox with low blood sugar

I read the article about the detox that you do over a period of two or three days. However, at the end of the article it says that this detox should not be done if you have low blood sugar, heart disease, etc.
I have low blood sugar, but feel that I really need to do a detox of some sort. Can you please give me some advice on what I can do.
Kind regards

Dear MS
Detoxing is unnecessary and can be potentially harmful even if you don't have low blood sugar. Anyone suffering from hypoglycaemia like you do, should avoid detoxing at all costs. It will make you feel faint, nauseous and put you in danger if you drive because you may pass out. By all means use a well balanced diet and probiotics to ensure bowel regularity. The healthiest foods for people who are trying to detox their systems without reverting to harsh treatments and starvation, are: fresh fruit and vegetables (up 8 servings a day), whole grain and cereals (unsifted maize meal, wholewheat bread, Maltabella, brown rice) (6 servings a day), low-fat milk and yoghurt (3 cups a day), plus lean meat or fish or legumes (dry, cooked or canned peas, beans, lentils or soya). Also start using probiotics ("good microorganisms") such as Intestiflora to help your colon function efficiently all the time. Drink 2-3 glasses of water a day (NOT more!) and take a product like Essentiale to help your liver to cope.

Posted by: Anna-Marie Steyl | 2009-04-24

Please can you help me with a diet regarding low blood sugar?

Reply to Anna-Marie Steyl