Posted by: Patricia | 2011-06-15

Detox diet vs lemon juice

I know a few people who do the detox diet (when they only drink specific mixtures and don''t eat anything) once or a few times a year. They say they feel great during and after.

I''ve had digestive problems for 11 years. (Ulcer in the first year, and possibly IBS since). I''ve seen many doctors but they don''t know exactly what it is.

I thought maybe this detox could do something for me, but at the same time I''m afraid it could make things worse since I heard it kills all the intestinal fauna plus people lose around 10 lbs each time and I am not excited about becoming even skinnier than I already am. Or maybe drinking lemon juice (mixed with water) everyday between meals. Right now, I had a very bad stomachache, drank lemon juice and it helped me go to the bathroom (although I don''t have constipation - or diahrea for that matter). I feel much better now. It''s like lemon juice has cleasing properties.

Do you recommend I try the detox to see if it helps further?

Thank you.

I rather suggest that you stick to the lemon juice, as you have had good results on this. If you would like, you can try the detox diet for a day or two, followed by your normal diet. Studies have proved that if you have a low calorie intake, every second day, does have a longevity effect.