Question
Posted by: Beagle | 2009-01-18

Detox diet for diabetic male

Wanting to do a detox I decided how to best do this and came across your site. I' m a Type 2 diabetic and would appreciate some guidance as the site cleary warns that your diet should not be used.

Thanking you in advance.

Dear Beagle
Detox diets are not safe or recommended for anyone with a medical condition such as type 2 diabetes, so please do NOT use any type of liquid diet or any strong laxatives or purges as this could make you seriously ill. Detoxing as such is not really necessary. If your liver is sluggish after the excesses of the Festive Season, buy a product like Essentiale at the chemist and use the product for about a week. If you are constipated, increase your dietary fibre intake by eating more vegetables and low-GI unprocessed cereals and grains. Do not drink more than 3-4 cups of water a day as excessive water intake can also cause serious problems such as electrolyte imbalances.
Take care