Question
Posted by: Cands | 2011-12-05

Detox

Hi Doc,

Im wondering if you can please help me. I am looking for a simple Detox eating plan, With foods that are available in local shops in SA. Do you have any suggestions where I could find this?

Dear Cands
Detox diets are risky at the best of times and esp if someone suffers from gastritis. Last year the media splashed the news that detox diets were harmful and even deadly over all the newspapers and magazines. This was based on the reports of deaths caused by electrolyte imbalances that patients had suffered during detoxing. Click on 'Diet and Nutrition' at the top of this page and search for the article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?" which I wrote to warn Readers against these practices.
You can use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet and Nutrition' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and combine it with daily exercise like brisk walking for 30 min/day, to help you feel regenerated.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-12-05

Dear Cands