Question
Posted by: C.C | 2010-08-19

Detox

Good day doc,

I would like to do a detox to cleanse my hole body but i dont want something that is life long i want something that i can do for a week or two once in 6 months or once a year just to clean my body from toxins. where can i find such a detox diet and are these detox diets good for you. What is your meaning about juicers like the milex juicer, will this also bee good for a person to make juice from fruit and veg

Dear CC
I really don’t know why so many of my Readers feel they need to detox. Detoxing is a myth as you will see if you read my article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?". Click on ‘Diet’ at the top of this page and then do a Search for the article. Rather click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine" and read the articles under 'Healthy colon'. You can also take probiotics ("good" microorganisms) such as Bifidoflora which is available at health shops. I am in favour of juicers which can be used to make healthy fruit and vegetable juice (e.g. carrot and orange, etc), but make sure that you only make sufficient for your immediate needs because if you store the juice even in the fridge, you lose a lot of the nutrients (e.g. vit C is oxidised at a rapid rate because the fruits and vegetables have been chopped up so finely and this exposes more of the vit C to oxygen).
Enjoy

2
Posted by: Anon?? | 2010-08-25

Hi CC

I have a detox plan if you would like to follow it. This detox diet is used only for 13 days and only repeated every 2 years. This diet changes your metabolism. If you have an email address will send it through to you if you interested.

Reply to Anon??
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-08-19

Dear CC
Enjoy