Question
Posted by: RDT | 2010/02/22

detox

I have been feeling very " bloated"  the last few weeks. I eat more or less healthy (oats for breakfast, joghurt for snack, sandwich for lunch, apple for snack, and stew for dinner), but would like to feel lighter again.
Can I do the 2 day detox diet I found on this site? I.e only consume fresh fruit en vegetable juices? Won''t that much fruit juice be way to much sugar?

Dear RDT
I really don’t know why so many of my Readers feel they need to detox. Detoxing is a myth as you will see if you read my article "DETOX DIETS - DO THEY WORK OR ARE THEY HARMFUL?". Click on ‘Diet’ at the top of this page and then do a Search for the article. Rather click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine" and read the articles under 'Healthy colon'. You can also take probiotics ("good" microorganisms) such as Bifidoflora which is available at health shops.

1

Dear RDT