Mon-Fri i try to eat relatively healthy, low gi low fat, only good fats. However this past weekend i overdid the pudding with custard and ate larger meal portions, mon i was back to eating better and still did have 3 choc bars but last nite had a terrible headache which i am not prone to ever, i could feel it was a kind of detox headache, is this possible even though i did not detox yesterday - i did nt drink much water on weekend and drank my usual weekly 6 glasses yesterday?

Dear Anonymous
Falling off the diet-wagon for a day or two should not hamper your diet provided you return to eating sensibly and do not keep on transgressing (this will ultimately sabotage your attempts to lose weight). I suspect your headache may be due to eating those 3 choc bars which have a high fat, sugar and stimulant content (e.g. serotonin, endorphins and phenylethylamine). But of course headaches can be caused by many other factors such as lack of sleep, stress, etc. No need to detox, just return to your balanced diet and stick to it.