Posted by: sideways | 2008-11-21

Hi Vanessa

Thanks for your prompt reply. Ok, my stats are as follows: 75kg' s, 1.75mt tall. Body fat %= 24%

My eating habits are as follows: I generally don' t eat breakfast, I have a protein shake and multivitamin. I then have a low calorie breakfast bar at about 10:30am and then at about 12:30 I have two sandwiches fro lunch and then sometimes a yoghurt at about 15:30. I also drink more than 2 litres of water during the day. I also take the phedra cuts in the morning.

I hope this info helps.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Nice to hear from you again!

You should be eating about 2270 – 2400 calories per day. Not sure what is in the breakfast, bar, on the sandwich, and what you eat for dinner – thus I cannot calculate the values – will you please do so and see if it is in line with the daily calorie values that I have calculated for you – now you will be able to see where you are going wrong – you should be consuming those calories split into 6 meals per day – DO NOT SKIP MEALS! – and with a ratio of 50% carbs (low GI ONLY!), 30% lean protein, and 20% fat of which 2/3s should be good fats (avo, olive oil etc). To reduce your body fat stay in the same ratios, but cut 500-1000 calories per day – do this only until you reach your goal then you will have to increase your calorie intake again to rebuild some of the muscle that you would also have lost in the process, but at least it will be from a low body fat base.

Good luck and go and view other answers – you will find a lot to help you on your way.

Take care and enjoy the festive season.