Posted by: Had enough | 2009-03-27

Destructive Bullterrier

We recently took over an 18mth. Bulltierrier from his owners who went to New Zealand. He is very playful, loving + friendly, not agressive at all. Only problem is he is a very destructive little bugger. He seems to target cars. Recently he tore the side mouldings off my car - R3200 damage. Then he chewed both front + rear plastic bumpers of my daughter' s car - R2800 for repairs. He tries to chew the tyres but foretunately cant get his teeth into them. The latest victim was my friend' s new Isuzu bakkie when he destroyed the plastic cover of the rear pumper / step. That was R580. I now fenced off the back so he can' t get near the driveway. The other day we caught him trying 2 chew the reflectors off the back of my trailer. R Bullterriers usually so destructive or it only this one? He gets all the excercise, love + attention. My wife has renamed him " Bull Terror"  because that' s what he is.

I would look at how much he gets exercised away from your property and if he gets time to play and socialize with other dogs. Thet can be destructive but sound sexcessive in this instance.