Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2011/03/06

Despondent

Husband got phonecall in car which made me curious. I went throught his sms inbox and saw this message from his ex-girlfriend of 30 years ago. She was reporting back about a business meeting she went to. Next day I went through his sms sent messages and got 2 messages where he told her how much he misses her and that he loves her. I was to shocked to look for more and didn''t even think of forwarding the sms to my phone. When I confronted him, he was very angry that I had the audacity to go through his personal things. He obviously denied everything and said that it wasn''t the way it looked. He was taking revenge on her because she cheated on him 30 years ago. He wants her to fall in love with him all over again and then wants to dump her. Of course, now there is a password on his cellphone and on this computer. I know they e-mail each other, because he said so, but everything is " innocent" . Apparently she invited him on facebook, but he could have rejected her. We have 2 children which are still in school. I don''t know what to believe or what to do. We have been married for 25 years.

I think we heard the first part of this message recently. "Its not the way it looks" is usually an invalid excuse ( if it swims like a duck and quacks like a duck - it's usually a duck ).
Now ( I wonder which dumb rom vom he picked this up from ? ) he wants you to believe that he feels nothing for this other woman, but is running an elaborate plot to lure her into falling in love with him, so he can dump her in revenge for something that happened 30 years ago ? And now, having explained how reasonable this is, he wants to hide his mesages from you ? He expects you to believe this ?
Isn't that more insulting than the flirting itself ? Marriage counselling is urgently needed, surely.

3
Posted by: Ash | 2011/03/07

Sounds like my friend''s wife, whom he found out recently that she was in contact with her ex-boyfriend. When confronted she told him that she''s avenging the fact that this guy dumped her and married another woman 13 years ago. She''s doing this by pretending that they are well off, as this guys is surrently not working.

i told my friend he must be really dumb to believe that his wife is buying airtime and depositing money in her ex''s account as some form of revenge. Phew, love really makes us blind.

Reply to Ash
Posted by: Wow | 2011/03/06

" He obviously denied everything and said that it wasn''''t the way it looked. He was taking revenge on her because she cheated on him 30 years ago. He wants her to fall in love with him all over again and then wants to dump her" 

forgive much?

Reply to Wow