Posted by: Desperate | 2009-10-02

Desperately Unhappy - breasts

I was wondering if someone can assist with info on clinical trails for breats reduction, I will without any doubts immediately jump to the oppertunity as I am unable to pay +/-R 20 - 30 000 for this procedure and don' t want to be this unhappy anymore - Any help please

Unfortunately, I am unaware of clinical trials for breast reductions, as it is a proven procedure.

Posted by: BMJ | 2009-10-04

Hi Desperate

I had a breast reduction in 1993. My medical aid paid for it in full. This was the qaulification:

1. I had to be at goal weight
2. My gp refererred me to a plastic surgeon who wrote a letter to the medical aid expressing my health problems. Backache, posture problems, rashes, depression.

It' s worth a try and the best thing I ever did. Another friend of mine had a op at Universitas (a training hosp) and paid only a minimal amount (I think in total 3K) and a prof did the opp.

Reply to BMJ