Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2012-07-31

Desperately trying to fall pregnant

Age 32: Right ectopic pregnancy and left tube blocked.
Did a hysterosalpingogram
2009: IVF and no oocytes were retrieved
2010: IVF 2   AMH 0.56   2 oocytes fertilized resulted in 2 fragmented embryos transferred   negative results.
My question is what can I do or take to increase my egg quality (I assume oocytes are eggs)? Do I have other alternatives or should I give up hope, no more money for any IVF spent all that I have!

Dear lucy
The problem of poor ovarian reserves or being a poor respondent makes it extremely difficult to predict your response to IVF stimulation; however in our practice we have used very successfully growth hormone as an adjunct to high dose stimulation and this maybe something worth considering in your case.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

3
Posted by: Nana | 2012-08-17

Hi All

Im turning 28 this year, we have been trying to get pregnant with my BF for the past 3 years and no luck, and 2months back they told me that i have Cyst at 0.29cm,however they say i might get pregnant with this isnce its still very small.

Pls help me, wht do i do in this case,im scared that since im ageing, i might not be able to conceive at all. What do i do.

Nana.

Reply to Nana
Posted by: Sannie | 2012-08-01

You are very welcome to join us on the Infertility forum. We are a bunch of ladies that support each other through this difficult time.

Reply to Sannie
Posted by: Sannie | 2012-08-01

Dear Lucy,

I am so sorry to hear.

I am in the same boat. My AMH is 0.55 and I am 34. I am currently doing an IVF treatment and will know tomorrow if we can continue with egg retrieval.

I don''t think there is anything that we can do to increase the egg quality really.

I am considering donor egg if this treatment doesn''t work. Would you maybe consider the same? I know that your funds are depleted, but maybe save up (I know it is easier said than done), but IVF with donor egg will give you a much greater chance of success.

Good luck. Remember you are not alone in this journey.

Reply to Sannie