Question
Posted by: Vuyiswa | 2010/03/09

DESPERATE SISTER

My sister is in pain and I am not sure how to help her.
She lost her job end of January and she is now unemployed she is 43 she has nowhere to go.
She is married but the hubby is in another province.
She does not want to go back to hubby because the hubby stays in his mother’ s house.
She does not have support from anyone except me and my other sisters.
She feels like she has failed in life because at her age she does not have a job a house or a hubby.
I am scared and worried about her.

I hope other readers can have helpful suggestions here. Its probably not her fault that she lost her job, so that is not necessarily her favour. If she has no other choice at this time, is it really too appalling to stay with her husband in his mother's house, till she can find something better for herself ? If you feel there's reason to be really worried about how despairing she is, encourage her to see a counsellor and get assessed at her nearest clinic or state hospital, so that she can receive further help if that is needed

1