Question
Posted by: acinet | 2008/09/07

Desperate for advise

I have been employed for 4 months. It is a generally hostile environment. Last week I was asked whether it was true I was having an affair with another woman. I immediately emailed the person who placed me there telling her I wanted to leave. She contacted the firm. I' m assuming at the very least I can contact her agency regarding this?

Anyway my immediate report asked me to stay and take it further, promising me support. This support ran out after he was pressureised by this woman' s boss. Now I' m stuck with an employer who knows I want to leave and is demanding I claim to have misheard. There is no way I misunderstood. What are my options? As I see it if I don' t play along with sweeping this under the rug, I' ll be given notice and end up with no income.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You should raise a grievance within the company and try and have this sorted out as quickly as possible.