Question
Posted by: J | 2008/06/20

DESPERATE AND DESVASTATED

I have my blood tests in front of me for my 13 week scan and it reads as follows:

Free b-HCG = 32.2 iu/L
PAPP-A = 0.786 iu/L

According to N-Scan my risk for Downs was 1:1280 on scan alone (neck fold was 2 mm) (my age risk is 1:465 - I am 34). With the bloods my risk increased to 1:22. How is this possible????

This does happen. The blood test looks at different parameters.. You have to decide based on the contrasting results if you are going to have an amniocentesis or not

2
Posted by: nu mom | 2008/06/20

J

I agree with DEE. Go to another lab and repeat the blood test. It happend to me two weeks ago that the lab told me my BHCG dropped from 1380 to 1000. It meant something wrong with my baby. I had it repeated at a different lab. The result 23516.. Labs do make mistakes.

Hang in there

Reply to nu mom
Posted by: Dee | 2008/06/20

Repeat the bloods! Mistake can easily be made!

Reply to Dee