Question
Posted by: Johannes | 2010/05/19

Desperate &  worried

Morning CS.

I need your help and input please.

I had a girlfriend for two years. She then left me and now after 3 months of seperation we saw each other at a mutual braai en all the feelings for each other came back. We still love each other as we always did en she even started to mention that she wants to be my wife and wants to be with me forever.

Now I really still love her and my heart tells me that she is still my wife and I really know and believe she is the one! But.. at the present moment my family are not so supportive based on the fact that she left me and they feel it is too soon. My friends are supportive by what my parents think is always very importent.

Please advise me how I can go about it. Is sounds silly to try and convince someone else that you belong together if you already know in your heart she is the one but I need help.

Thank you.

YOur family are naturally concerned about you, and are aware of how she hurt you when she left you - and they have not experienced her change of mind - and maybe wonder WHY she changed her mind, which is actually a good question. Couples counselling would be a good idea to help both of you more objectively see whether indeed it is likely to work if you get back together, and would also help to convince your family that you are both sincere about trying to make this work

2
Posted by: Maria | 2010/05/19

Why did she leave you? Perhaps you should see a counsellor together and work through whatever prompted the breakup, this will tell you if it might happen again in future. It will also show your parents that both you and your gf are serious about the relationship.

Reply to Maria