Question
Posted by: Marianne | 2011-07-20

DESPERATE !!

Dear doctor ,
I live abroad. i have been diagnosed with migraine . I have suffered since my teenage years ( am now 49 ) but never knew that the usual headaches I have are migraine as I always assumed they should have an aura.

I now take Maxalt 10 mg (rizatriptan) when needed. As part of my therapy the doctor put me on an anti depressant ( as it is supposed to help with pain management ? ) Effexor (venlafaxin ) 2x 75mg .

THIS stoped my sex drive ! So I aske the doctor to take me off this drug . i was fased down and off. i''ve now been anti -depressant free for ca 3 weeks BUT am going MAD as I feel dizzy most of the time , feel as if I can''t think straight , can''t concentrate , in short like I''ve lost my mental faculties . What the *%&  did this drug do to me , when will this pass ...out of sheer desperation I took a 75mg tablet today , I really can''t go on like this ..plus having to take the meds for migraine (mostly pre-menstrual) I am desperate for some good advice and NOT just getting medication which seems to have such an powerful force over the brain , my god it''s frightening !! Now my sex life is normal again , but I''m too drained and dizzy for it ...too boot , I Have a very responsible job that requires a clear head !!!!

PLEASE help , I cannot take it any longer !!!

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Marianne,

It is vitally important that you contact me either by email on drshevel@headclin.com, or call me on 0027825555763 any day preferably between 4pm and 7pm South African time. There is absolutely no doubt that you can be helped - you most certainly do not need to be taking drugs, but it is best that we communicate so that I can explain in greater depth.

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2011-07-20

Dear Marianne,

Reply to Headache expert