Posted by: DESPERATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | 2010-04-15

I am also having the same thing as another writer but i see that you have not replied to them, there is a feeling of pressure that has developed in my throat that happens maybe once or twice a month and gets thick with flem that i think closes up the throut passage. It also causes my tummy to get really sore as my food doesn''t digest properly because of the thick flem and then givesme indigestion and heartburn and i feel like i can''t breath properly. I can''t swallow the flem because it is too thick and never goes down and really bothers me terribly.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have tried salt water but nothing helps? please i really need to know what is causing this

Thank you desperate

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear desperate
It sounds as if your problem is caused by an uncontrolled Post Nasal Drip. This will have to be confirmed by your ENT, and a possible cause must be found.
This may include:
1. Allergies
2. Chronic infection
3. Nasal abnormalities, i.e. polyps. etc.

After an investigation, a treatment plan may be initiated. It could also be other problems, in which case the larynx (voice box ) will need examination.