Question
Posted by: Lady101 | 2010/02/05

desperate

Me and my husband are married for 5 yrs and been together for 8 yrs. In the last 8 years he has been unemployed 4 times. I have to work 15 hrs a day to support us and our daughter. And he still wants the best. Everytime he wants to start a business, but he expects everything to be done for him. He complains everyday about everything. Stating he works so hard, prays, etc and nothing works. Secondly, his parents expect from us to support them. I cannot and will not support them. He says his parents are different. Her mom has to do her hair and things a woman do. I am also a woman, but dont have a sent to spend on myself. I earn about R30 000 p/m, but I never have anything. Everything goes to bills etc. I am tired, sick and dont want to do this anymore. I cannot work all day, look after our child at night, and then listen to him complain all the time. PLEASE HELP

I keep geting the impression that a lot of people with not a shred of actual business talen or the necessary knowledge, want to start businesses, often with wildly unrealistic ideas about how easy it will be, how little work they expect to have to do, and how much profit they expect to make.
With all due repect to religion, praying is not a business tool of great effectiveness. IF you don't work correctly and wisely, I doubt that God will intervene to make a brilliant success out of a mess.
I entirely agree that it is not your duty to support his parents - and I hear that recent scientific developments mean it is actually possible for a woman to wash and set her hair herself, rather than it being actually constitutionally compulsory for her to go to a salon.
COnsidering my own budget and those of other people I know about, I am surprised it could be so hard to come out on R 30,ooo a month - there are so many people managing on R 30,000 a year, or less. Maybe you should sit down with an advisor at the bank and check on your budget, cut out anything not essential, and start to get things together financially, too. And if he is unemployed, can't he do more with the household chores, including looking after the child ?

2
Posted by: XXX | 2010/02/05

It seems to me that you are being somewhat abused.You appear to earn a decent salary so with proper budgeting you show surely be able to come out.
Your husband needs to get his act together and get a job that he hopefully can stick to.
The hours you work must lead to a lot of stress,especially with a child.
You need to go see a counsellor with hubby and talk the issues through.

Reply to XXX