Question
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-04

Desperate

Hi all

Need assistance....

I have been married for seven years with two children now. I am 25yrs old and i am overweight.

I met my husband after matric and got married the next year, I was not overweight then (I was slightly chubby - 18 years and weighing 75kg).

Two kids later I was at my biggest 115kg!!!!! Since July I have lost and now weigh 101kg. My problem is my husband, i need honest advise.

He wants me to be thin......
He does not want a fat wife, he says it make me look old and he cant go out with an old person, he is too young for that (he is 34). We do not go any where together unless church, or a function that is compulsory and even then he is not comfortable. Everyday he reminds me of it and he remarks to it all the time. I cannot even say a thing in the house with out it being mentioned.

I admit I am too young to be this weight or this size but is it justified for him to be so harsh?

I want to loose weight and look good but I am now miserable. I am not happy at all in my marriage, I just pretend at work just to keep up pretences.

What do i do? do I move back home with my mom or do I continue in this manner?

Need serious help ladies........

You are 25, HE is 34, and thinks YOu are old ? As he wories so about your appearance, must we assume that he is a Greek God of amazing beauty ? The best reason for losing the extra weight is for ghealth benefits and too feel better about yourself --- see a good local dietician, maybe even a counsellor to help you get more motivated and stick to the diet and exercise program. Do this for you. Maybe some mariage counselling sessions also, could help him understand how unhelpful and unfair his whining can be

4
Posted by: I think | 2008-11-05

Im with u there Virgin Active, join the gym and make friends there who will keep u motivated, cut down on food...But most of all do this for urself as u said u also do want to feel and look sexy, that on its own should motivate u...

Reply to I think
Posted by: Virgin Active | 2008-11-04

Join the gym gal...dont waste money on councillors.Just go to the gym,have a new hairstyle and take ur kids to ur mom if she is near,and go out with the girls.Jus ignore himu will be very happy.Ur man is very rude and does not deserve u.

Reply to Virgin Active
Posted by: Me | 2008-11-04

Sounds like Tyler Perry' s " Why did I get Married" . He is a PIG.

Reply to Me
Posted by: ME | 2008-11-04

Am sorry ma love but I think your husband is acting so immuture. You didn' t do that to yourself. He' s suppose to love and support you no matter what. I mean, instead of moaning bout your wait he should have encouraged you after giving birth to your babies to go to the gym or something, not just seat there and throw stones on you. To me he' s being so selfish!

Reply to ME